CSCE 181 Introduction to Computing
Instructor: Sing-Hoi Sze
Meeting: Tuesdays 8/31, 9/14 and 9/21, Thursdays 9/2 to 11/18 except
9/23 2:20-3:35 HRBB 124
Office Hours: 12-1 before each class HRBB 328B or by appointment
- Introduction to the broad field of computing, through presentations by the
instructor, other faculty members, and industry representatives.
- Introduction to technical writing, through a series of writing assignments.
- Zobel J. Writing for Computer Science. Springer.
Grading is A/F. To receive A, the following must be completed:
- Short reports: complete six short written reports of length between one to
two pages. Except for the first report, each report must be revised repeatedly
until it achieves a grade of 70% or higher.
Each new revision is due in one week.
- Long report: complete a long written report of length between five to
seven pages with a grade of 70% or higher. The submission of the long report
will be in stages.