Honor-CSCE 222 Discrete Structures for Computing
Instructor: Sing-Hoi Sze
Meeting: TR 12:45-2 ENPH 205
Office Hours: TR 12-12:40 HRBB 328B or by appointment
- Provide mathematical foundations for analysis of algorithms.
- Provide an introduction to finite automata and Turing machines.
- Rosen K.H. Discrete Mathematics and its Applications.
- Logic, proofs, and sets.
- Functions, sequences and sums.
- Algorithms and complexity.
- Induction and recursion.
- Counting and recurrences.
- Models of computation.
- Homework assignments (30%): written assignments handed out every one
or two weeks.
- Two midterms (20% each).
- One final exam (30%).