|I am a professor in
the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Texas
A&M University. Before joining Texas A&M, I received my
Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the College of Computing,
Georgia Tech, in 2008. I am a recipient of 2010 NSF CAREER Award,
2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award, Best Student Paper Award from
2010 IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy (Oakland'10), Best
Paper Award from 2015 International Conference on Distributed
Computing Systems (ICDCS'15), Texas A&M Dean of Engineering
Excellence Award, Presidential Impact Fellow, Charles H. Barclay Jr.
'45 Faculty Fellow, TEES Faculty Fellow, TEES Research Impact Award,
and Google Faculty Research Award. I am an IEEE Fellow and an ACM
Distinguished Member. I'm currently directing the SUCCESS
at TAMU. A short bio is available here.
- Are you coming for the list of computer
conference ranking and statistic?
- I recently co-chaired the 2018 NSF Workshop on Programmable
System Security in a Software Defined World. Check out the
A final report is now released (free download from here
- [Jan. 2020] Our paper on blockchain security (SODA) is
accepted to NDSS'20. Congratulations, Ting & Xiapu!
- [Jan. 2020] Our paper on programmable data plane security
(Poseidon) is accepted to NDSS'20. Congratulations, Menghao!
- [Dec. 2019] I'm honored to be named an IEEE Fellow (class of
2020), "for contributions to malware detection and security of
next generation networks".
- [Nov. 2019] Our paper on new Buffered Packets Hijacking attack
in SDN is accepted to NDSS'20. Congratulations, Jiahao & Qi!
- [Oct. 2019] I'm honored to be named an ACM Distinguished
Member for outstanding scientific contributions to computing.
- [Oct. 2019] I'm honored to be named a 2019 Presidential Impact
Fellow at Texas A&M University.
- [Aug. 2019] Our paper on new D2C2 attacks to SDN is accepted
to IEEE S&P'20. Congratulations, Feng & Jianwei!
- [July 2019] Our paper on programmable data plane security
(NetHCF) is accepted to ICNP'19. Congratulations, Guanyu &
- [May 2019] Lei and Guangliang have
successfully defended their PhD thesis! Congratulations, Drs.
Xu and Yang!
- [May 2019] Our paper on mobile security (DCV) is accepted to
USENIX Security'19. Congratulations, Guangliang!
- [Jan. 2019] Our paper on SDN security (CrossPath Attack) is
accepted to USENIX Security'19. Congratulations, Jiahao &
- [Nov. 2018] Our IoT security paper LipFuzzer is accepted to
NDSS'19. Congratulations, Yangyong! (Project
website with code release)
- [July 2018] Two papers on SPS (Software-defined Programmable
Security, such as SDN/NFV) are accepted to CCS'18. ForenGuard
presents the first forensics and diagnosis tool for SDN (will be
released open source soon). vNIDS presents a new architecture to
enable safe and efficient virtualization of network IDS.
Congratulations, Haopei and Hongda!
- [May 2018] Our two papers (Error-Sensor and new control plane
reflection attacks in SDN) are accepted to RAID'18.
Congratulations, Jialong and Menghao!
- [May 2018] I am honored to receive 2017-2018 Dean of
Engineering Excellence Award and Research Impact Award from the
college of engineering.
- [May 2018] Haopei has successfully defended his PhD thesis
titled "Towards Robust, Accountable and Multitenancy-friendly
Control Plane in Software-Defined Networks". Congratulations,
- [April 2018] Our paper CloudRand is invited to ICCCN'18. It
aims to build heterogeneous and moving-target network
- [Mar. 2018] Our paper TopoGuard+ (collaboration with MIT
Lincoln Lab) is accepted to DSN'18. Congratulations, Richard and
- [Jan. 2018] Our two papers on mobile web app security are
accepted to IEEE S&P'18. Congratulations, Guangliang and
- [Jan. 2017] Our RADAR paper is accepted to TIFS. RADAR is a
new realtime defense system that can defend against a wide range
of DDoS attacks including stealthy Crossfire, with COTS SDN
- [Dec. 2017] Our paper on security impact of desktop/mobile
HTTP header inconsistencies is accepted to WWW'18.
- [Oct. 2017] Our paper on Android security (EOEDroid) is
accepted to NDSS'18. Congratulations, Guangliang!
- [Aug. 2017] Our S2OS
position paper will appear in APSys'17. S2OS is a new large
project funded by NSF/VMware, in which we aim to build a
new Security OS with Software Defined Intrastructure. Please
check S2OS project
website for more details.
- [Aug. 2017] Our systemization of knowledge paper on SDN attack
surface and defense is accepted to IEEE/ACM Transactions on
Networking (ToN). Congratulations, Changhoon!
- [Feb. 2017] Our FRESCO is upgraded to the Floodlight plaform.
The FRESCO source code and module/app store are now released!
Please check our project website here