I am an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science
& Engineering at
Texas A&M University. Before joining Texas A&M, I
received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the College of
Computing, Georgia Tech, in 2008. I am a recipient of 2010 NSF CAREER
Award, 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award, Best Student Paper Award
IEEE Symposium on Security &
Privacy (Oakland'10), Best Paper Award from 2015 International
Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'15), and a Google
Research Award. I'm currently directing
the SUCCESS (Secure Communication
and Computer Systems)
Lab at TAMU.
- [Dec. 2015] Please consider submitting your paper to ACM workshop on SDN-NFV Security 2016!
- [Nov. 2015] Our VisHunter paper is accepted to INFOCOM'16. Congratulations, Jialong!
- [Oct 2015] Our paper on SDN-defined Programmable BYOD Security is accepted to NDSS'16. Congratulations, Kevin!
- [Oct 2015] Our AutoProbe paper was selected into the
finalist (top 10) of 2015 CSAW Best Applied Security Paper Award.
- [July 2015] Our SMASH paper received Best Paper Award at ICDCS'15! Congraluations to Jialong!
- [June 2015] Please consider submitting your work on SDN to CoolSDN'15 (co-located with ICNP'15)! Deadline is July 24!
- [June 2015] Our paper on Network Security Virtualization is accepted to TIFS. This is a journal extension from our CloudWatcher (NPSec'12) paper.
- [May 2015] Our paper UIPicker is accepted to USENIX Security'15. Congratulations, Yuhong!
- [Apr.2015] Congratulations to Jialong for receiving this year's Graduate Research Excellence Award at our department!
- [Mar. 2015] Our SMASH paper is accepted to ICDCS'15. Congratulations, Jialong!
2015] Our paper FloodGuard (protecting SDN networks against generic flooding
attacks) is accepted to DSN'15. Congratulations, Haopei!
- [Feb. 2015] We are releasing our prototype system TopoGuard,
a new security extension to SDN controllers (Floodlight as in our
prototype implementation), which provides automatic and real-time
detection of Network Topology Poisoning Attacks mentioned in our
- [Nov. 2014] Our study on mobile web overhead is accepted to INFOCOM'15. Congratulations, Abner!
- [Oct. 2014] Our paper on new SDN poisoning attack and defense is accepted to NDSS'15. Congratulations, Kevin and Lei!
- [Aug. 2014] Our paper on reverse engineering twitter spammers is accepted to ACSAC'14. Congratulations, Chao!
- [July 2014] Our paper AutoProbe is accepted to CCS'14. Congratulations, Zhaoyan!