I am an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science
& Engineering at
Texas A&M University. Before joining Texas A&M, I
received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the College of
Computing, Georgia Tech, in 2008. I am a recipient of 2010 NSF CAREER
Award, 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award, Best Student Paper Award
IEEE Symposium on Security &
Privacy (Oakland'10), Best Paper Award from 2015 International
Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'15), 2016-2017 TAMU
College of Engineering Charles H. Barclay Jr. '45 Faculty Fellow Award,
and a Google
Research Award. I'm currently directing
the SUCCESS (Secure Communication
and Computer Systems)
Lab at TAMU.
- [Oct. 2017] Our paper on Android security (EOEDroid) is accepted to NDSS'18. Congratulations, Guangliang!
- [Aug. 2017] Our S2OS position paper will appear in APSys'17. S2OS is a new large multi-institute project funded by NSF/VMware, in which we aim to build a new Security OS with Software Defined Intrastructure. Please check S2OS project website for more details.
2017] Our systemization of knowledge paper on SDN attack surface and
defense is accepted to IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN).
- [June 2017] If you are interested in giving a tutorial in ACM CCS'17, please submit your proposal to email@example.com by July 3, 2017!
- [May 2017] Our paper on Android security (BridgeScope) is accepted to RAID'17. Congratulations, Guangliang!
- [May 2017] Please consider submitting your work on SDN/NFV to a speical issue
in IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC) on
Security in Emerging Networking Technologies! (Deadline is September
- [May 2017] Please consider submitting your work on SDN/NFV to a special issue
in Elsevier Computer Network Journal on Security and Performance of SDN
and Functions Virtualization! (Deadline is extended to July 31, 2017)
2017] Our papers on SDN security (control plane race attack/detection)
and Android security (new malware analysis tool for ART) are accepted
to USENIX Security'17. Congratulations, Lei/Jeff and Lei/Xiapu!
- [Mar. 2017] Our new lab website is now launched: http://success.cse.tamu.edu/!
- [Feb. 2017] Our work on market- and network-level behavior
understanding of the Android malware ecosystem is accepted to ICDCS'17
(as a short paper).
- [Feb. 2017] Our FRESCO is upgraded to the Floodlight
plaform. The FRESCO source code and module/app store are now released! Please check our project
website here for details.
- [Jan. 2017] I received a 2016-2017 Faculty Fellow Award (Charles H. Barclay, Jr. '45 Fellow) from the College of Engineering.