I am an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science
& Engineering at
Texas A&M University. Before joining Texas A&M, I
received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the College of
Computing, Georgia Tech, in 2008. I am a recipient of 2010 NSF CAREER
Award, 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award, and 2010
IEEE Symposium on Security &
Privacy (Oakland'10) best student paper award. I'm currently directing
the SUCCESS (Secure Communication
and Computer Systems)
Lab at TAMU.
- [Nov. 2013] Congratulations to Chao for his successful Ph.D. thesis defense!
- [Nov. 2013] Our CyberProbe paper is accepted to NDSS'14. Congratulations, Antonio & Zhaoyan!
- [Nov. 2013] Our improved and extended version of FortNOX
(in HotSDN'12) for Floodlight OpenFlow Controller is now released (with
the new name SE-Floodlight)! Together with SE-Floodlight, we also have
two add-on security tools: SDN Security Actuator and OF-BotHunter. They
are cool and try them out! This is joint effort with SRI International.
Please check out more information here!
- [Oct. 2013] Our FRESCO paper has been selected as one of
the top ten finalists for NYU-Poly Best Applied Security Paper Award in
2013. Congratulations, Seungwon!
- [July 2013] Papers accepted to CCS'13: Avant-Guard (on SDN
security), AppIntent (on Android security), VetDroid (on Android
2013] Congratulations to Seungwon for his successful Ph.D. defense!
Seungwon will join KAIST, Korea, as a tenure-track assistant professor starting from September 2013.
- [Mar. 2013] Congratulations to Zhaoyan for his winning of the 2nd
place in the CSE Department's Industrial Affiliates Poster Competition!
- [Feb. 2013] Our paper "AUTOVAC: Automatically Extracting System
Resource Constraints and Generating Vaccines for Malware Immunization"
is accepted to ICDCS'13. Congratulations, Zhaoyan!
- [Jan. 2013] We are releasing some of our research data and programs here.
For example, now you can obtain some datasets from our Twitter spammers
and malicious social network research. And our FRESCO/FortNOX release
- [Dec. 2012] I was invited to give a talk "Security as
an App and
Security as a Service: New Killer Apps for Software Defined
Networking?" at the DIMACS Workshop on Software Defined Networking.
- [Oct. 2012] Interested in SDN/OpenFlow security?
Please check out
our dedicated website on this topic (collaborated with SRI