I am an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science
& Engineering at
Texas A&M University. Before joining Texas A&M, I
received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the College of
Computing, Georgia Tech, in 2008. I am a recipient of 2010 NSF CAREER
Award, 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award, and 2010
IEEE Symposium on Security &
Privacy (Oakland'10) best student paper award. I'm currently directing
the SUCCESS (Secure Communication
and Computer Systems)
Lab at TAMU.
- [Apr. 2013] We have a short paper ("Attacking Software-Defined Networks: A First Feasibility Study") accepted to HotSDN'13.
- [Apr. 2013] Seungwon attended Open Networking Summit
(ONS'13) and presented our accepted poster paper "A Framework For Security
Service Integration to Software-Defined Networks" (collaborated with SRI)!
- [Mar. 2013] Congratulations to Zhaoyan for his winning of the 2nd
place in the CSE Department's Industrial Affiliates Poster Competition!
- [Feb. 2013] Our paper "AUTOVAC: Automatically Extracting System
Resource Constraints and Generating Vaccines for Malware Immunization"
is accepted to ICDCS'13. Congratulations, Zhaoyan!
- [Jan. 2013] Another paper from our SDN/OpenFlow security research
is accepted to ICC'13. In this paper, we present a new model checking
system, FLOVER, which can formally verify whether the aggregate of ﬂow
policies instantiated within an OpenFlow network will violate the network’s security policy or not.
- [Jan. 2013] I received AFOSR Young Investigator Award for my research on proactive cyber defense.
- [Jan. 2013] We are releasing some of our research data and programs here.
For example, now you can obtain some datasets from our Twitter spammers
and malicious social network research. And our FRESCO/FortNOX release
- [Dec. 2012] I was invited to give a talk "Security as
an App and
Security as a Service: New Killer Apps for Software Defined
Networking?" at the DIMACS Workshop on Software Defined Networking.
- [Oct. 2012] Interested in SDN/OpenFlow security?
Please check out
our dedicated website on this topic (collaborated with SRI
- [Oct. 2012] We have two papers accepted to NDSS'13,
SDN/OpenFlow security and one on web security. Congratulations,
Seungwon and Jialong!
2012] I gave a keynote speech ("Machine Learning Meets Social
Networking Security: Detecting and Analyzing Malicious Social Networks
for Fun and Profit") at AISec'12.
- [Sep. 2012] Our position paper on Security Monitoring
as a Service
for Clouds is invited to present in NPSec'12, a workshop co-located
ICNP'12 at Austin.
- [Aug. 2012] Our paper on Android security is accepted
workshop SPSM'12. Also, we have two posters accepted in CCS'12. See you
- [July 2012] Our paper on a novel technique for
proactive malware detection is accepted to CCS'12. Congratulations,