I am an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science
& Engineering at
Texas A&M University. Before joining Texas A&M, I
received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the College of
Computing, Georgia Tech, in 2008. I am a recipient of 2010 NSF CAREER
Award, 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award, Best Student Paper Award
IEEE Symposium on Security &
Privacy (Oakland'10), Best Paper Award from 2015 International
Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'15), and a Google
Research Award. I'm currently directing
the SUCCESS (Secure Communication
and Computer Systems)
Lab at TAMU.
- [June 2017] If you are interested in giving a tutorial in ACM CCS'17, please submit your proposal to email@example.com by July 3, 2017!
- [May 2017] Our paepr on Android security (BridgeScope) is accepted to RAID'17. Congratulations, Guangliang!
- [May 2017] Please consider submitting your work on SDN/NFV to a speical issue
in IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC) on
Security in Emerging Networking Technologies! (Deadline is September
- [May 2017] Please consider submitting your work on SDN/NFV to a special issue
in Elsevier Computer Network Journal on Security and Performance of SDN
and Functions Virtualization! (Deadline is June 30, 2017)
2017] Our papers on SDN security (control plane race attack/detection)
and Android security (new malware analysis tool for ART) are accepted
to USENIX Security'17. Congratulations, Lei/Jeff and Lei/Xiapu!
- [Mar. 2017] Our new lab website is now launched: http://success.cse.tamu.edu/!
- [Feb. 2017] Our work on market- and network-level behavior
understanding of the Android malware ecosystem is accepted to ICDCS'17
(as a short paper).
- [Feb. 2017] Our FRESCO is upgraded to the Floodlight
plaform. The FRESCO source code and module/app store are now released! Please check our project
website here for details.
- [Jan. 2017] I received a 2016-2017 Faculty Fellow Award (Charles H. Barclay, Jr. '45 Fellow) from the College of Engineering.
- [Nov. 2016] Our BYOC-Visor (Bring Your Own Controller) paper is accepted to INFOCOM'17. Congratulations, Haopei!
- [Oct. 2016] Our PBS paper was selected into the
finalist (top 10) of 2016 CSAW Best Applied Security Paper Award.
- [June 2016] Please consider submitting your work on SDN to CoolSDN'16 (co-located with ICNP'16)!
- [May 2016] A systemization of knowledge paper on SDN security from our group ("Enhancing Network Security through SDN") is invited to appear in ICCCN'16. Check it out if you are interested (or just started) in this area.