I am an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science
& Engineering at
Texas A&M University. Before joining Texas A&M, I
received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the College of
Computing, Georgia Tech, in 2008. I am a recipient of 2010 NSF CAREER
Award, 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award, 2010
IEEE Symposium on Security &
Privacy (Oakland'10) Best Student Paper Award, and a Google Faculty
Research Award. I'm currently directing
the SUCCESS (Secure Communication
and Computer Systems)
Lab at TAMU.
- [Nov. 2014] Our study on mobile web overhead is accepted to INFOCOM'15. Congratulations, Abner!
- [Oct. 2014] Our paper on new SDN poisoning attack and defense is accepted to NDSS'15. Congratulations, Kevin and Lei!
- [Aug. 2014] Our paper on reverse engineering twitter spammers is accepted to ACSAC'14. Congratulations, Chao!
- [July 2014] Our paper AutoProbe is accepted to CCS'14. Congratulations, Zhaoyan!
- [June 2014] Please consider submit your work on SDN research to the CoolSDN workshop (co-located with ICNP'14)!
- [June 2014] Our papers DroidMiner (on smartphone security)
and SRID (on smart grid security) are accepted to ESORICS'14.
Congratulations, Chao & Yong!
- [May 2014] Our paper GoldenEye (on malware analysis) is accepted to RAID'14.
- [Apr. 2014] Congratulations to Robert Baykov for his
winning of the Undergraduate Research Excellence Award in the CSE
- [Feb. 2014] We are thankful to Google for a Google Faculty
Research Award to support our SDN security research.
- [Feb. 2014] Congratulations to Zhaoyan for his successful
Ph.D. thesis defense! Zhaoyan will join Palo Alto Networks after
- [Dec. 2013] I was selected as a TEES Select Young Faculty
Fellow from the College of Engineering, TAMU.
2013] Congratulations to Chao for his successful Ph.D. thesis defense!
Chao will join a secret startup company after graduation.
- [Nov. 2013] Our CyberProbe paper is accepted to NDSS'14.
Congratulations, Antonio & Zhaoyan!
- [Nov. 2013] Our improved and extended version of FortNOX
(in HotSDN'12) for Floodlight OpenFlow Controller is now released (with
the new name SE-Floodlight)! Together with SE-Floodlight, we also have
two add-on security tools: SDN Security Actuator and OF-BotHunter. They
are cool and try them out! This is joint effort with SRI International.
Please check out more information here!
- [Oct. 2013] Our FRESCO paper has been selected as one of
the top ten finalists for NYU-Poly AT&T Best Applied Security Paper
2013. Congratulations, Seungwon!